CARPORTS & GRANNY FLATS
Carports and Granny Flats may be small projects but the potential for things to go wrong are very real. We recommend carrying out a partial site plan before any design.
Your new building needs to fit into the existing structures on site and any Council minimum boundary setbacks.
It's a bit like buying a fridge and then bringing it home to see if it fits into the space.
Please note: Your fence is not your boundary. Only a Licensed Surveyor can determine where the boundary lies and provide Certification of location at the end of the construction.
Some of the potential problems are
- Fitting inside the boundaries and required boundary setbacks.
- Levels and steps in the access and pathways to the structures.
- Underground services within the building area.
- Orientation and privacy for living areas.
- Access to the building area for construction or material deliveries
1. We prepare a site plan of the area (front or rear of the house).
2. The building is designed to fit and a builder appointed.
3. We return to site and set out the structure in the approved position and provide Certification of building location (Form 16).
Our fee and your Insurance to get things right - $1500 inc.
Can't find the service you need? Click here to contact us or call us on 07 3367 0433.